Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Doll House Progress

I am actually very close to being done with the actual construction of the house, but I wanted to post some pictures of the progress. I THINK I have been working on it for 3 weeks. (That doesn't include the week I was at the beach.)

After I inventoried all 8 million pieces to this thing, I painted a couple of coats on the outside pieces. I chose a light sunny yellow. Actual construction went very quickly, as far as getting the walls up.

The first huge job to tackle was the porch. All the railings had to be made piece by piece. It took me longer to paint the porch than all the other steps combined until this step. It really looks good.

The last thing I was able to do before I left for vacation was construct the roof. The dormer and gable gave me minor trouble, but it was pretty easy. I had to mark the lines for the shingles. The shingles had to be dyed with a special dye that did not come until a couple of days before I left. They were supposed to dry for 5 days, so I did get them dyed before I left so I could work on the roof when I got home!

That's all the pictures I have for now! I did finish the blasted roof, but I have yet to take pictures of it!