CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 17, 2007

Operation Sunray and Hot Weather




Brent tore down the old "Fort Fun" last night. It is pitiful! He got the whole thing down, so now we are ready to start construction on the Sunray!!!

It is going to be 100+ degrees all week. Tyler said that they can't go out on the playground for recess because they might get struck by a heat stroke. It's been so long since we've had any rain and it's so hot that all the water has evaporated and what is left is LOADED with iron, so all of our water is brown. Try convincing a 4 year old girl that it is OK to take a bath in brown water.

I can't help but think how people survived without A/C. In my lifetime, my grandmother did not have central heat or air. She had 2 window units for the entire house. At night, we would put cold washcloths on our faces to cool us enough to go to sleep. I cannot imagine what it was like before her window units.

Emily has her 4 year pictures today! The same photographer has done all of her (and Tyler's) pictures. Miss Brenda met us at the studio when Emily was 6 days old! I guess she'll do their senior pictures!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I'm anxious to get Emily's new pictures! We really missed seeing all of you this past weekend. It would've been fun, but it was good to see Brent at least. I hope school is going well for Tyler. Let me know if you need me to send you some bottled water! Love you guys!

Becky and Joe said...

The fans...don't forget Grandmother's noisy fans. Those were a big help.