CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Is it fear of flying?

I have flown (in an airplane) lots of times. Probably more than 20 different trips. I have never been afraid...air sick, yes, but never afraid. The first time I was truly afraid was when Brent and I took Tyler to Disney World in 2004. I was terrified. When we flew to Disney in 2006, I was fine. That was the last time I flew. Now we are planning our travels for 2008. Brent and I are taking a trip in April to celebrate our 10th anniversary(10 years, plus 10 months!) and we are also going to Honduras with the teens for mission work in May/June. I had a panic attack last night just talking about the flights with Brent. I have decided that I am not afraid of flying, or even crashing, but afraid of flying when I don't have my family all together. We left Emily in Memphis when we flew in 2004. We all went in 2006. Now we are leaving our kids again, twice. I am just so afraid that something will happen to Brent and me and the kids will be left. As morbid as it sounds, I have no fear of all of us dying together. It is the fear of someone being left behind that terrifies me. Does anyone have any advice? Besides to stop watching "Lost."

5 comments:

Becky and Joe said...

This probably won't help you any, but you can borrow my super-handy raft that you snuck in my carry-on for my first overseas flight. That way you could float back to Tyler and Emily. Just a thought.

Jennie said...

I was thinking you could just never leave your kids again OR just get a grip and trust that God is taking care of you and honestly, if you're dead what do you have to worry about?!

Unknown said...

Take a valium and drink a glass of wine on the plane.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks, Bets. I can always count on you to lead me to booze.

Anonymous said...

I always think about the fact that it is much more likely to be in a car accident.

So neat that you all will be going with the teens on the mission trip. :-)