CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 31, 2008

The winter blahs

I have been terrible at blogging since Christmas. I have several reasons...one, that I am so tired of winter and I just feel like nothing noteworthy has happened...two, I have had some sort of illness for more than a week, ranging from a diverticulitis flare up to a sore throat. I think I just got worn down and my body just ganged up on me. Third, I always check in on Maddie before I do my computer stuff. She is more than a month past the 2 weeks they gave her to live before Christmas. She is hanging on, but all that goes on in their lives makes my life look piddly. Is that a real word? I always say piddly, but I've never written it.

We are doing fine. Tyler and Emily are getting along like peas in a pod the past few weeks...all buddy-buddy. We know it won't last, but we are enjoying it while it does. We have started a new allowance system where we put a piece of paper with $5.00 worth of quarters on it and when WE do one of their jobs before they do, WE cross of 25 cents. It is catching on. Although when my parents did this, it was with $2 worth of nickels and Becky and I soon realized that it was worth $2 to have Dad do all our work! Getting these kids to pick up after themselves is going to do me in!

Off I go to the car-riders line to wait for Tyler. I love pulling up to his toothless grin and his pants hiked up to his armpits. And he is ALWAYS talking to the principal. She probably knows way too much about our business.

1 comments:

Becky and Joe said...

I wonder if we could still give Dad $2 to come clean up after us. I would be willing to increase it to $2.50! Remember in high school when he would make our beds during his lunch break? I also enjoy seeing Tyler's super-tucked-in shirts on Tuesdays...nothing better.