CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Birthday Eve


Tomorrow is Tyler's birthday, and he has been calling today birthday eve since he woke up this morning. He and his past 7 years have been in my thoughts all day. Jennie made a top 25 list of Breanna on her birthday, but I don't know if I can come up with that many! I'll try.


My thoughts about Tyler today...


1. He is like an old man in a little boy's body. Today on the way home from school, he looked out the window and said, "Mom, the cotton sure looks good this year."


2. While our personalities are very different, I have always felt like my soul is walking around in his body.


3. He has my terrible feet. Speaking of feet, he has always been a foot snob. As a baby, he would not wear footed pjs. Now, he ONLY wear Tommy Hilfiger short socks.


4. He does not see race. If is pointing out a friend that is a different race, he doesn't even think to say that, just what color hair or shirt he has.


5. He has an uncanny sense of spirituality. At age 2, he asked me how Jesus could be both by his side and in his heart.


6. He is TERRIBLE at telling knock-knock jokes, but when he gets one, it is hilarious!


7. He is fiercly loyal. He has had the same best friend since birth.


8. Money burns a hole in his pocket.


9. I miss how he used to replace "G" with "B", like garage was "be-rage", giraffe was "be-raffe", etc. I also miss him calling a mustache a "smooshstache." The last Tylerism to go was mirror, which disappeared about a year ago. He called it a "meernor."


10. He is kind to everyone.


11. He loves his private time. He loves nothing more than locking himself in his closet with his legos and power rangers.


12. Secretly, he still loves Thomas the Tank Engine.


13. He always get Emily Smarties out of the treasure chest at school, even though he hates them.


14. He loves to taunt his parents with being for both Alabama and UT.


15. He would rather have a salad and an apple than a bowl of ice cream.


16. He would eat ranch or mustard on anything if we let him. One time he wanted to put mustard in his strawberry yogurt.


Let's just leave it at that. I am sure I thought of more things, but that's all I have for now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Tyler! We miss the "moo-ha" (mustard), too. See ya next week!

Kathy

Jennie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TYLER!! You're getting so big...7 already! We miss you and can't wait to see you in a couple weeks! Love you tons!