CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 19, 2007

My little girl

It is very important to me that Emily stay a little girl as long as possible. Girls today are made to grow up way too fast for my liking. If I let her wear certain things at 4, what on earth is she going to ask to wear in 10 years??? We were at Hobby Lobby today and a lady told me that it was really refreshing to see a little girl dressed like a little girl. I was very proud of that. We paid for our stuff and got into the van. We were driving to meet Kathy and the girls for lunch and I looked in the rear view mirror. There was my little girl, in her Cindy Brady pig tales, singing with enough passion to get her on Star Search,

"I thought you were my fairytale
A dream when I'm not sleeping
A wish upon a star
That's coming true
But everybody else could tell
That I confused my feelings with the truth
When there was me and you"

She even had all the gestures right. I think I am going to have to sit on her to keep her little.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved this post, Elizabeth!

I don't know if you have heard about Moms for Modesty. I "joined " the movement last year. Here are 2 links that talk a little about it...

http://www.5minutesformom.com/423/moms-for-modesty/

http://www.biblicalwomanhoodonline.com/2006/09/moms-for-modesty.html

Jennie said...

I know what you mean. I threw away one of the toys that was the Happy meal toy at McDonald's I think it was. It wasn't Bratz, but something like that. Why does my 4 year old need a doll with a mini skirt and bare belly showing?

Breanna's at the age where I've had to start shopping for her in the girls section, but all the shirts are skin tight and she still has her toddler belly so it looks kind of funny.

Old Navy now has skinny fit for toddlers. Ok, but don't all toddlers have a pot belly and a diaper?! I got some for Kylie and they were skin tight on her legs and she's tiny. Who do these jeans fit? Yeah, I returned them!

Ok, I'm done...maybe I should have just posted on my own blog!

Ramona said...

How funny and true, b/c I have felt the same way with Gillian with the same song :)! George, however, singing about feeling something in his heart is hillarious and I'm less concerned about him at this point :).