CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I made it!

I had a rough first leg of the trip, but I did great the second half. Brent looked at me at one point and said, "Wow. You are being really reasonable on this part." We got to Charleston super late last night and checked into our hotel. It is so neat. It is an old warehouse turned into an inn. I am fairly sure it is haunted!!! We got up this morning and had a great breakfast at the inn and headed to the Visitors' Center. There were so many people there, and we were the youngest by YEARS. We hiked over to get our rental car then. I have to blog about this so I remember it for years to come. The car man told Brent some deal about if you drive less than 75 miles you just pay a flat rate for gas. Brent said that we were going to drive to Hilton Head in this car, so that wouldn't work. Then car man said, "So do you need directions?" Brent thought he meant to downtown Charleston, and said, "No, we walked from there this morning." The man thought Brent meant we walked from Hilton Head. I was cracking up, and I have made fun of Brent all day for it. Speaking of the rental car. It is a nice 2008 Mustang. Sporty, cute, flashy, and Day-Glo orange. When we pulled up to the inn to get a parking pass, Brent just let me out at the door. I walked in and the 2 ladies at the desk were cracking up. I knew they were laughing at our car, so I made fun of it before the could. They thought it was a cab!

We walked through the market and all around King Street, and ate lunch at Joseph's, which was on Rachel Ray's $40 a Day. We walked through the graveyard at the Circular Church, where I stole some moss for Becky. We took a carriage ride and then came back to the inn where we made it in time for the lemonade and cookies! We slept through the Wine and Cheese Reception, but we were wiped out. We ate tonight at A.W. Shucks and then just drove around. I took lots of pictures and I will try to download soon. We are currently nursing our old-people ankles from all this walking!

5 comments:

Danna Ramsey said...

Old people ankles, huh? Must be rough being old. :-)

Jennie said...

Lucky! I'm jealous...I wish I was on vacation with no kids...must be nice. Have fun and relax on the trip home...just pop a few Xanax!

Becky and Joe said...

Give my regards to North Charleston.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a great time, Elizabeth!

You have to get a photo of Brent behind the wheel of your rental. :-)

Shannon said...

I'm so glad that you were able to get away together! :)