CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

My day alone, just me and the pepto

What did I do on my first day alone in I don't know when? Well, I had big plans. But I got a stomach bug yesterday and I was wiped out. Brent and I took Emily to school and then I came home and rested for a bit. Then I decided there were things I needed to do. So, I pulled together my best attitude and headed out to the world of Memphis shoppers. Blah. First, I went to Super Target. I bought many glamourous items, including kitchen shears and pants hangers from the dollar bins, knit pants for Emily, and stuff for Tyler's treasure box at school. Red dot merchandise was 75% in the dollar bin! Then I headed to Chocolate Soup. Nothing there. Then I went to TJMaxx. I was beginning to get annoyed by everyone being rude. Then I went to Lace Cottage. Then I went to Ross. I really don't like Ross, but I was going to Shoe Carnival to look at shoes for Becky's wedding and Ross was next door. I ended up getting the silver bridesmaids shoes for $13! What then???? Hancocks and another TJMaxx. Then TBCY for lunch. I should not have done that. My tummy has given me grief all day for that choice. Then I went to regular Target and was so annoyed by the rudeness there that I called it a day and came home. I did get a few minutes rest before going and sitting in the car riders line. I have not done that alone in 2 years. It was odd. I was bored, but I also did not have anything to do. Once I get some projects going, that will get better.

Emily had a great day. She has acted like she's been at Macon Hall all her life. The only bad thing she has said is that she didn't have time to finish her lunch. Funny, her chips and Twix bar were gone. The poor sandwich only had 2 bites gone.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Ok, so I almost cried reading about Emily going to school. I am going to be a wreck next year when Breanna goes.
Also, how is it possible that you went to that many stores in one day?! I mean I spend an hour in Target alone buying stuff I don't need.
And what's Chocolate Soup?? Sounds yummy!

Amy Griffin said...

6 years later and I do remember some rudeness in Memphis stores - I hate to say that but the more places I have lived, the more apparent it became...Sorry you were sick but I am impressed that you did go to so many places! Also, car rider line are 3 words I have grown to NOT like this week. I am glad Emily had good first day and you did SO much better than I did!

Joy in the little things said...

Proud of you for putting your big girl pants on and getting out there. I'd probably still be laid up in my comfy bed. Yay, Emily! Good luck to all you guys this year!!!

Lana said...

Kylees starts school next Tuesday and I can't believe. It is giving me strength to see other moms doing it before me. I still have another little one with me for the next 3 years so I will not be experiencing aloneness just yet.