CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Attack of the killer hornworms!!!






Brent and I were in the backyard tonight proudly picking our veggies out of our beautiful garden. All of a sudden, I saw the biggest caterpillar I have ever seen. We called the kids out to show them. Then we realized that we were each showing the kids a different worm. We took a step back and realized that our tomatoes were covered in these things. We came inside and look online and now know that our tomatoes are being eaten by horn worms. Of course, I had to take some pictures first, but then Brent peeled them off and put them in jars for the kids to take to school tomorrow. They had better leave our tomatoes alone!

3 comments:

Sara said...

That is about the biggest worm I've ever seen...hope your tomatoes survive!!

Becky and Joe said...

Those things are absolutely disgusting.

Anonymous said...

ICK!

Speaking of the kids taking them to school...
We have TON of small frogs in our yard at night. If you want one for your class, let me know and we can bring one to you. :-)