CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 5, 2008

Cha-Cha-Changes...

Kindergarten has brought about many changes with Emily. Some I love, some...not so much.

THINGS I LIKE ABOUT KINDERGARTEN
1. The baby talk Emily did all summer has stopped.
2. Tyler is more eager to share his day since Emily shares hers so openly.
3. I really like the new kindergarten curriculum...and I can already tell
Emily is learning lots more than she would with the letter books.
4. Her confidence is improving each day.
5. She has made friends quickly.
6. She really likes to buy her lunch, unlike her brother.
7. Tyler and Emily miss each other so much during the day that they can't wait
to be back together at the end of the day.


THINGS I DON'T LIKE ABOUT KINDERGARTEN
1. New phrases, such as "She was all up in my face." Nice.
2. Bows are for babies.
3. Shirts with an applique that match your shorts are forbidden.
4. The kids' lunch schedules are an hour and a half apart...no going to eat with both of them.
5. Emily sharing her mom's opinion openly with all that will listen. (Concerning Bratz, immodest dress, etc.)
6. I miss Emily being with me all week long. My ride to and from work is so quiet!


All in all, we are having a great experience with school for both kids. Macon Hall is a great school and we are so thankful to be a part of it.

4 comments:

Danna Ramsey said...

Your shirt can't match your shorts? What?!?!

Shannon said...

Kindergarten also brought about the "death" of bows for Bailey. So sad. She also doesn't want to do the matching stuff. Smocking is also long gone. I've been there with the Bratz dolls. It sounds like our girls have a lot in common!

Anonymous said...

So glad Emily is enjoying Kindergarten! :-)
Our girls sure are growing up!

Amy Griffin said...

Yes, my list of things I don't like that Ella has learned is quite extensive! People tell me that is part of growing up...still don't like it!