CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 12, 2008

I have an 8 year old?


How it is possible that this child is 8? Wasn't it just yesterday that he was my big-blue-eyed, shiny-bald-headed, knee-sock-wearing baby boy? He was up at 6:20 today, so ready for his birthday. He got to open Emily's gift, which was a goldfish Webkinz. He named it Swimmer, but spelled it Swimer when he registered it. He doesn't get his bad spelling from me! He also doesn't get his crazy math skills from me either...he is a whiz at math. Brent's got him doing some pre-algebra stuff, and he LIKES IT. He is such a good boy. We went and ate lunch with him today and he just sat there and chowed down on his Happy Meal while wearing the goofiest birthday crown I have ever seen, just hugging and kissing all over us. He doesn't care what anyone in the world thinks...he's just his own person.

On a side note, Brent and I snuck the kindergarten hall to peek in to see what Emily was doing. I promise, the door was opened 1 inch and somehow she saw us. Mrs. Driskill was in the middle of teaching and Emily yells out, "CAN I GO SEE MY MOM AND DAD?"

1 comments:

Jennie said...

Happy Birthday Tyler! We love you!

The fact that you have an 8 year old can only mean one thing...you're old! Seriously though, how did this happen?! That's sweet that he'll give you hugs and kisses in public still and not care.

That's funny about Em!

Breanna's party is tomorrow, is Tyler's?