CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 20, 2007

Lesson learned


Please, before you think it is a great deal, learn from my mistake. Emily is having a birthday party with 9 4- year old little giggle-pots tomorrow. I always embroider something for the favor, which is just a cheap as a goody bag full of junk for me to do since I do it myself. I have done tote bags and t-shirts and I was in the market for something new. So I embroidered Strawberry Shortcake aprons, which means the girls HAVE to cook something. So, I baked 10 little cakes for the girls to decorate while wearing their cute little aprons. Always looking for ways to save a buck, I found what I thought was the jackpot. The bakery at Sam's sells their icing in HUGE tubs for $10.00. We are talking HUGE. The only color they had that would match the party decor was hot pink. I baked and froze all the cakes earlier in the week and got them all out to ice this morning. I opened the ginormous bucket o' But-R-Cream icing and just about had heart failure. It is horrible. It looks just like hot pink play-doh. Just because it is a good deal, doesn't mean it is good. Lesson for the day. But, I used in anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds so great, Elizabeth! Ainsley is SO looking forward to this. When she finds out that she gets to decorate a cake, she is going to be so excited! (I won't spoil the surprise for her!)

Jennie said...

For Breanna's Polly Pocket birthday last year I bought hot pink food coloring and dyed vanilla icing. It looked pretty, but tasted not so great. Plus the kids faces and hands were dyed hot pink after they ate them. So I learned...there is such a thing as too much food coloring.