CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Probably more than you wanted to know...

This has been an interested couple of days. My parents took the kids to Huntsville to visit my grandparents yesterday. I thought that meant a couple of free days to get as many things done as I could pack into 2 days. WRONG. I have not felt great the past couple of weeks. Mainly just an upset tummy. (Only people with little kids say Tummy, I think.) Last night, we ate dinner and then sat out on the patio talking for a long time. Then we came in and I said, "My stomach hurts." The next thing I knew, I was DYING in the bathroom. I was rather sick from my southern end. It felt like I was having a baby, to say the least. I never did really go to sleep and about 12:30, the "loose stools" (I am trying to be polite) turned to blood. We went to the ER and after some initial look-overs, they gave me something fantastic in my IV for the pain. I am sure I was flying high. After some tests and a CAT scan, they think I have divertulosis. That means my intestines/colon have some sort of infection that I might battle with my entire life. I am on some pretty awesome pain killers and antibiotics and I am eating a pretty mild diet until I heal up. Then I have to eat more fiber and I can't eat things with small seeds, like popcorn and strawberries. The doctor said that I needed to stay away from things like popcorn and nuts. Under my drugged state, I thought he said popcorn and donuts. I almost freaked out about the donuts. I was so glad I misunderstood! Please don't take away my donuts! We got home from the hospital and I have been asleep for most of the day. I guess I am not going to get as much done as I thought!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about that, Elizabeth. Just glad they figured out what was wrong. Take care!

Jennie said...

Well that sounds like fun! I hope that eveything is going to be okay now. I'm sure that was pretty scary. At least the kids weren't there during all the excitement. Love you!

Unknown said...

Hi Elizabeth. I'm so sorry you had to go thru something so awful and you will have to continue to deal with it. I love your sense of humor, and I'm sure it will help you through all this! :), Ramona