CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Toys, toys everywhere!

When Tyler was a baby, he had a little wicker basket in his room with ALL of his toys in it. His first Christmas, he got a few more toys. I was overwhelmed by the number of toys he got for his first birthday. It was great, though. He was our only one and he did need things to play with. We got him a toy box right after he turned one. By his second Christmas, I was beginning to feel cramped and put some of the babyish toys in the attic. Fastforward 6 more years. That is 7 Christmases for Tyler (Santa, 2 sets of grandparents, 2 sets of greatgrandparents) and 4 Christmases for Emily. Plus 11 birthdays between the two of them. Plus, every stinking happy meal toy that they cannot bear to get rid of and I have not been able to sneak into the trash. I have had it. Tyler's entire closet is toys, and we have a playroom full. Emily's room has stayed relativly clear of toy clutter, although she does have all her baby doll stuff in there. How do we go from a little wicker basket to an entire top floor of a house???? Then we go to Target and Tyler says, "Mom, can we buy a toy?" My word.

3 comments:

Becky and Joe said...

I have a toy from my Wacky Pack for Tyler. I'll be sure and give it to him tomorrow night.

Jennie said...

I started donating toys every birthday and Christmas. Breanna actually helps and is surprisingly generous with what she is willing to part with. I tell her we're giving it to the kids who don't have any toys and that really seems to guilt her into it! Needless to say I have toys on every level of the house still!

Anonymous said...

Clothing sale, anyone? :-)