CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 14, 2008

Aunt Sissy was right

When I was around 16, I put sun-in on my hair. My great aunt Sissy pulled me aside one day and gave me some advise. I'll paraphrase, since it was so many, many years ago...she said, "You shouldn't start coloring your hair. You have Williamson hair. As you get older, it will turn on you. You will put color on it and when you are an old lady, someone will stop by to see you and you will have gone gray "Overnight" because no one will believe what your hair looked like underneath. You don't want to do that." She was so right. I am so gray. I have tried to hide it...but, alas, I cannot keep this secret anymore. I am trying to think when my dad started to gray. Was it in his early 30's? Am I getting slammed from both sides of my genetic pool??? I am not going to stop covering it up, but if you come by to call on me and I have 2 inches of gray (ugly gray, not pretty snowy white) hair from my roots to the rest of my hair, will you be a dear and go get me a bottle of Clairol 107A?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh...a topic near and dear to my heart...

gray hair.

I started turning gray in my mid-20's and have given up on coloring. My hair grows so quickly that I usually have roots within a few weeks.

DAD AND MOM said...

Actually, my hair started turning gray in my late 20's. Then it turned loose. Good luck!

Dad