CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 16, 2007

2 posts in 1




I got glasses when I was 8 years old. They were very 80's, but it WAS the 80's, so it didn't matter. My eyesight changed very quickly over the next few years and I went through many pairs of glasses, all pink by the way. They put me in contacts when I was 11 to slow down how quickly my eyesight was leaving me, and I think too that glasses were just getting too thick. I had no need for glasses until I was in 10th grade. I was in a biology class where we disected weekly, and we were not allowed to wear contacts. I guess we didn't have the money for glasses, but I had to wear some old ones of my dad's. I could see pretty OK out of them, but they were huge. Big brown things that would only stay on my face with the goggles over them. Way cool. I think I remember Dad buying me a purple strap with pink flamingos on it to try to keep them on my face. Anyway, by the time I went to college, I did get new glasses. I was so excited. I could just picture how cute they would be. Then they came in. Giant coke bottle things. This has happened over and over since. I get new glasses, each promising that the newer lenses are thinner than ever. Then they come in and they are hideous. Last year in Disney World, Tyler stepped on my glasses and I have been without ever since. I went last Monday and picked out some trendy new frames. I hoped for the best, but knew that the worst was likely. I got them today and I am DELIGHTED! They are so cute. As thin as I have ever had glasses. Maybe there is hope for me afterall.

On another note, Emily got her hair cut today. It looks so cute. It is now cut to her shortest layer from her butcher job a year ago.

0 comments: