CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 1, 2007

One big Pow-Wow

In the world of youth ministry, there is something unprepared teachers use. It is called a Pow Wow and the kids go around and tell a Pow-something bad in their week, and a Wow-something good in their week. This week has been one big Pow Wow for me.

POW- After my flu shot on Sunday, I started running fever and itching all over. I woke up Monday feeling like my chest was on fire.

WOW- We carved our pumpkin Monday night. Brent made the guts come out it's mouth like it was throwing up. Emily just about wet her pants laughing. She has talked about it all week.

POW- I was so wiped out I forget to take any pictures of this.

WOW- We had our Halloween party and parade at school on Tuesday. Everyone did a great job. I went as "Laundry Queen." It was pretty funny. I got my very first teacher gifts. When you teach in the ghetto, you don't get teacher gifts. That was a nice little happy!

POW- I could hardly squeak out a sound on Tuesday. Some might consider this a blessing.

WOW- Tyler went to his first musical field trip this week. They went to see "A Day With Frog and Toad." He loved it and drew a picture for the cast. Apparently, it was so good that he had to take it and show it to the princpal.

POW- We had school pictures yesterday. It was awful. The people were so slow...it took an hour to do my class of 20. I just propped myself up on the stage and directed the kids. I felt awful.

WOW- I have great co-workers that understand when someone doesn't feel well.

POW- Brent had to work last night, on Halloween. I was so sick. But, I took the kids to the Hinkles for the High School party so the teens could take them Trick or Treating for me. I rested in the Hinkles playroom.

WOW- My kids had so much fun with the teens; they never even missed me.

POW- I went to the Dr. today. I have a viral infection. The Dr. gave me some cough stuff that will knock me out. I hate going to the dr. It takes too long.

WOW- I have wonderful friends. Betsy took Em to school. She is still with them and Brent and Tyler are going to eat dinner at the Hutchins and pick Em up.

POW- I missed Hilarious Hair day at school.

WOW- I am going to take my medicine and go to bed!

1 comments:

Jennie said...

Sounds like a great week! First strep, now this. We've all been sick with some sort of cold too. Breanna only coughs at night and keeps us up...it's great. I think I'm going to move her room down the hall!