CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 31, 2008

Please be kind and rewind

I cannot believe it is the last day of October and I have done so little blogging! Where did my month go??? I am going to try really hard to catch up today. I need to blog about our trip to Atlanta, Elegant Event, High School Musical 3, Farm Breakfast (Oh, I have already covered that), Trunk and Treat, Tyler's eye appointment, and the Halloween party flop of the century.

Ok...I'll start with Atlanta. We went to Atlanta for our fall break. We checked the kids out a little early on Friday the 10th. Everyone was so happy and fine for the first couple of hours. We popped a movie in and Tyler fell asleep. Very odd. We stop in B'ham at Cracker Barrel and he leaned over on my shoulder. He was burning up. I went to the car and got the thermometer...he had a 102* fever. WHAT??? We scarfed our supper and got back in the car. I gave Tyler some Tylenol. A while later he said, "Hey mom, what flavor was that Tylenol you gave-------barf, barf, barf. Everywhere. All over the van. We were in the middle of nowhere and somehow got a roll of paper towels and some garbage bags and somewhat cleaned up the mess. We got to Atlanta late that night and bathed puke-boy and put the kids to bed. I washed out whatever I could in the tub. It was terrible. We had car mats all over that hotel room.

We got up Saturday morning and Tyler said he felt fine. He had a slight fever, so I gave him some Tylenol and we headed to Stone Mountain. We had the greatest time. We rode the train, explored all over, went to the little town, and rode to the top of Stone Mountain. It was so windy, it nearly blew the kids over, literally.
All of these pictures are of some of the pumpkins dressed up as story book characters.





Here are some shots of Stone Mountain. Tyler loved to repeat the fact that a tall man could stand in the horse's nostril!



These are from the top of Stone Mountain. They actually had to close it down later in the day because it was so windy!





There was a neat ropes course for the kids...also one for adults, but the wait was 2 hours.





We waited for more than 2 hours for the Laser Light Show. We rested on some blankets and ate and read during this time. Tyler was over Stone Mountain and was running fever again. (I know, mean mom) The light show was great, but Emily was scared of the fireworks. That has never been an issue before, but she was freaking out. It was a great day and we plan to spend more time at Stone Mountain the next time we go to Atlanta.







Oooh! One more thing. My kids had their first chicken on a bone. At first, they thought it was great, but Tyler eventually decided that it creeped him out. Amen.

0 comments: