CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Struggle



OK, friends, I am having a hard time with something. Brent and I are taking the kids to Atlanta for a long weekend during fall break. We chose Atlanta because there is so much fun stuff to do. We considered many other places, one being Chicago. We decided against that because I wanted Emily have the thrill of getting an American Girl doll at the actual store and it is just too close to Christmas. I could not go to Chicago and not go to the AG store. Well, my mother-in-law informed us recently that Atlanta now has an American Girl store. It is not as elaborate as Chicago and NY, but STILL. I have been thinking about going for weeks. We have not told her. Now for the struggle. I want to get her a doll so badly I can't stand it. She is asking for Kit for Christmas. Maybe we could buy her now and then she can ask Santa for stuff to go with Kit. I don't know what to do. Honestly, I would get her one now AND one for Christmas. Brent would act like he was having heart failure, but he also probably feels that it is my work money and I can spend it how I want to. What would you do?

Tyler has a surprise, too. There is a LEGO outlet in Atlanta. He asked us the other day if there was a LEGO store closer to us than Orlando. We just looked at each other and laughed. I also want to give him a big chunk of change to spend.

What would you do?

2 comments:

Sara said...

Go, enjoy and have fun picking out a doll together. It will be a wonderful memory. She can pick out accessories for Christmas.

Amy Griffin said...

yeah, the store is too much fun to miss and you HAVE to get a doll!!