CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Ouch!

Poor Tyler. He had to have major dental work today. When he went for his cleaning last month, they were shocked to see his mouth full of cavities. Huge cavities that weren't there 6 months ago. His teeth were basically falling apart. This was probably caused by a high fever I had early in my pregnancy with him. They had planned to take care of one side of his mouth today and do the other side in a month.

We got there this morning and he was a nervous wreck. He carried his little stuffed dog Lucy with him. He felt silly doing this at age 7, but he said he really needed Lucy. They thought they were going to have to sedate him, but he was so still with the gas they just did that. They pulled one molar and had to do a root canal on one side. He was doing so well that they decided to go ahead and do the other side. They originally thought that the other side was REALLY bad. They pulled a molar and and saw that all of the other cavities that showed up on the x-rays were not really there. Dr. Rowland said he had never seen anything like it. He said they were just terribly formed teeth. His bottom teeth are perfect. So strange.

He was given Tylenol with codeine and I was expecting a quiet day of sleep with some possible tv watching. Ha. He acts like someone just took a splinter out of his finger. I would be dead in the bed. He's done a puzzle, built a lego space vehicle, and various other things. I took a nap. I was worn out. I was so nervous this morning that I broke out in hives.

I think the tooth fairy should leave big bucks for this ordeal! For mom, too!

1 comments:

Kerry said...

Poor little boy! I'll have to give him a big hug tonight!!