CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 17, 2007

What a week!

We have been going non-stop the past few days. Emily and I had our last day of school Thursday. We partied all day long. I was overwhelmed by all the presents the kids gave me. I have never gotten to experience that before...resource teachers don't really get presents. It was very nice and I greatly appreciated it.

Emily and I stayed home all day on Friday. I have not done that in so long. It was wonderful. I even took a nap! We cleaned Emily's closet and did many loads of laundry. Friday night, we went to the mall and saw Santa. Emily was scared to death, but she did it. We walked around the chaos a bit, and it was crazy. Too many people out. Tyler had some money burning a hole in his pocket. After looking at every item in Build-a-bears' inventory, he settled on a camo tent for all his little dogs. Emily got a High School musical purse for one of her bears.

Saturday was a day that will go down in history. OK, not really, but it was REALLY fun. Pottery Barn had their first ever warehouse sale. They opened up a part of their Memphis warehouse (You just think it comes from San Francisco!) and everything was at least 60% off. Kathy, Lisa, Clare and I were there when they opened. It was POURING down rain. I got some great stuff. I got the mission craft table with 4 chairs and the under-table storage for the playroom, a window seat shelf for Tyler's room, and a shelf/locker/storage thing for coats, backpacks, etc. It took my van and Kathy's van with all seats down to get it all home. Kathy was looking for a bed, but they didn't have it. Everyone got a great buy, though. After that, we went to the Scholastic warehouse for their teacher sale. I got some books, but I was limited on funds due to my furniture spree. Our home group Christmas party was Saturday night. It was nice to have everyone over. I just love our home group.

Sunday was a typical Sunday, but I did get out to do some shopping after church. Wow. People are crazy. Our musical was last night and it was great. The kids did a great job. Emily wanted to know why God didn't come.

I will post some picture of Santa when I find my camera!

0 comments: