CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 25, 2008

It's almost time...

Brent and I, along with about 30 of our dearest teenage friends, plus some other blessed adults, are leaving for Honduras Thursday morning. And when I say Thursday morning, it might as well be Wednesday night. We have to be at the airport at 4:00 am. Not my thing...
We have been planning this trip since Christmas...raising our funds, getting our shots, trying to figure out WHAT to take to Honduras, and it is finally here. We are still a little fuzzy about what to take, since our space is limited. We have a suitcase of supplies packed as one of our bags. Brent and I both started actually putting things in bags today to weigh them. Maybe by tomorrow, I will be done with that!
Lots have asked what we will be doing in Trujillo, and we feel pretty confidant that we know exactly what our plan is now. Of course, that is sure to change! We are mainly there for construction work, with a little VBS and such thrown in. We are doing some repairs on a school, getting a pediatric clinic closer to opening, and repairs on a home for disabled children and their families.
The kids are going to Brent's parents. That means 2 more suitcases to pack! Will I ever get this done???

I have lots of blogging to catch up on before we leave...we've had lots going on at the Patterson house!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You all are in our prayers, Elizabeth. :-)

Tammie's Thoughts said...

Travel safety to you and prayers for a successful trip! One of these days I want to go with you!