CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sorry, Danna...

Danna got on to me for not posting. The past few weeks have been nuts. Home, school, and family have all been needing 100% of me and by the end of the day, I have no energy to post.

The end of the year program at school is such a huge deal and is one of our big recruiting things as far as getting new kids. Each class (6 in all) performs a song and then we do a finale together and then it's graduation. Of course,having the oldest, the most is expected of my 20 kiddos. We are singing "Yellow Submarine" and have been working on it for about 6 weeks. (Some classes work on it from January on, but that is a whole other blog entry...just kidding, Carol!) We are wearing yellow rain coats and jeans. I found pink and purple rain boots for the girls and blue and orange rain boots for the boys. That should be the end of costumes, but I just couldn't let it go. SO, I dyed 8 white baseball caps orange and the painted the bills blue for my boys. Then I made 12 pink and purple bows for my girls. I had to tie the whole boot/headwear in together. Then I decided that my kids would get hot during the reception in their coats, so I made 20 T-shirts. Plus one for me and Steph. Again, that should be the end of it. But, no. I ordered these blank wooden kid picture frames and painted them to look like our costumes for each child. Plus, we have put together bound books for each child with their artwork from the year. And we have to give each child some sort of gift for the end of the year. Are you tired yet??? I am. I am done with all of it, so this week at school should go easy for me. We do have to make Mother's Day gifts...I hope to keep it simple.

On top of everything, Em, Tyler,and I have had strep AGAIN this weekend. I had so much to do...God's way of telling me to cool it, I guess.

With all this busyness (I have not even mentioned soccer...Good grief), I happily enjoyed my day. It was Senior Sunday at church today and we had 22 seniors. The reception was gorgeous and I poured a mean cup of punch. Let me just tell you the drama of gifts for all these kids. I made the cutest monogrammed sewing kits for the girls. On top of all that fun, I live to be in my yard and this is the prettiest our yard has been since we moved in. We had a blank slate to start over with when we built this house 5 years ago. The builder "landscaped" it, but I need my flowers and I want it to look like it's been here forever. Brent has made me the prettiest garden boxes and I have planted strawberries, tomatoes and squash. We've already had 7 or 8 strawberries. I am repainting our patio table and chairs brown and I got lots of that done today. It looks so good. We are filthy and stinky, but happy. Just the way I like it.

I am going to try to make the most of this week and not worry myself with getting everything perfect inside the house. I want to enjoy my kids and my flowers and my birds and cook-out and live life how I want to live it. Soak up every minute of joy and forget about the rest! Tammy, what is that poem about babies not keepin'? I need to post that.

Danna, I hope this suffices. The program is a week from Tuesday. You might not hear from me until then!!! ;)

3 comments:

Danna Ramsey said...

Elizabeth, I love you, you little over-achiever! I would love to see pictures of all of this! Thanks for posting! :-)

Tammie's Thoughts said...

I remember those days! That's why God gives children to young people! I really makes me tired just reading all of that stuff you've done and to think that I used to do all that stuff myself! God bless you and enjoy those little ones while you can! They will soon grow up and that poem is right....cobwebs and dust will wait, but babies growing up won't!

Amy Griffin said...

Oh my goodness...I am tired just reading that. You are one crazy girl!