CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 12, 2008

My Little Juxtaposition






Emily goes from one extreme to the other. She is a princess and a tomboy all rolled up into one mess. She had a soccer game Saturday morning. The field was a mudpit and she was delighted to get all dirty in it. She is very aggressive on the soccer field and doesn't hesitate to get right in there. After her game, she had ballet recital pictures. As excited as she is about putting on shin guards, she is just as thrilled to get all fancy, as she says.

Here are some "Emilyisms" from the past week...

"My hair isn't really curly anymore. It's humpy."

"Mom, now that it's not Mother's Day, I have to tell you that you are the meanest mom ever." (As I was telling her to make her bed for the 100th time.)

"Mom, stop trying to train your daughter" (As I was discussing store behavior with her."

This morning as Brent was leaving for work, he told the kids he'd see them tonight. Emily said, "Where?" What does that say about how hectic our lives are right now?

Emily has also been talking about camp. Our kids have grown up as camp kids. They think they run the place. Emily said she cannot wait for the food court. I don't know if she is talking about the mess hall or canteen, but it cracks me up!

0 comments: